Our privacy and cookie statement was last updated on 8 November 2021 and can be downloaded through this link.
Your privacy is of great importance to Pro4all. We therefore comply with the relevant privacy laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our privacy and cookie statement in brief
When processing personal data, we comply with privacy legislation. This means that we:
- Clearly define our purposes before processing your personal data, through this privacy and cookie statement.
- Store as little personal data as possible and only store the data necessary for our purposes.
- Explicitly request consent to process your personal data, should consent be required.
- Take the necessary security measures to protect your personal data. We also impose these obligations on parties processing personal data for us.
- Respect your rights, such as the right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data processed by us.
From May 25th 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies. This means that from that date on, the same privacy legislation applies throughout the European Union (EU). With ever-increasing digitization and the growing bulk of data in the world, protecting this data becomes even more important than it already was.
A reliable supply of information is necessary for the proper functioning of our services to our customers and the proper functioning of our organisation. Therefore, this requires an integrated approach and risk awareness.
This is not just about protecting information within Pro4all. Much more importantly, it is also about protecting our customers’ information. Pro4all has written an information security policy. This policy provides the framework for appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect and safeguard the information of our customers and our organisation.
What measures have we taken?
All data that is critical, e.g. sensitive business activities of our customers and our organisation, is stored at a highly secure and certified party, Microsoft’s Azure platform. This ensures absolute security for clients. We also work with an additional party for performance monitoring: Intercept.
This takes place in accordance with best practices and will therefor be subject to continuous change. At the time of version 1.2, this means TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 with restricted algorithms.
In addition to secure storage (no one can get to your data), Pro4all has developed the security policy completely. This is based on the Code for Information Security (NEN ISO 27001/27002), the ISO standard for information security. We are also in the process of getting this ISO certified.
Service Level Agreement
- Uptime guarantee: 99% during office hours, 95% outside office hours;
- E-mail support for technical and functional questions;
- Telephone support for technical and functional questions during office hours (Mon – Fri, 08:30 – 17:00);
- All questions are answered on a best-effort basis within a maximum of two days.